Today is the Babe’s second birthday. I know it is cliche to say, but time really does go by fast. Her big bash is on Saturday so for today we are celebrating with at trip to Sweet Frog (frozen yogurt). Nothing says happy birthday like an ounce of low-fat frozen yogurt covered by 10 ounces of candy. Truthfully, she’s probably just have fruit but AJ is on to it in the candy department. He is all about creating a dirt sundae. The last two years have been anything but dull since she arrived and we are so blessed to have her in our lives. These are some of the lessons she has taught in a way that no one else could have gotten through to me.
1. No two children are alike. (I know everyone says that, but do you really believe it until you experience it?)
2. Listen to your child, even if they can’t talk yet. Oftentimes they are trying to tell you exactly what they need.
3. Patience (Yeah, I haven’t totally mastered this one yet, every day is a lesson).
4. Go with the flow. The Babe does not seem to thrive on routine for every aspect of her life like her older brother, which was especially challenging in the feeding department. (My husband probably would disagree that I have embraced this, but hey, I try).
5. You are/should be your children’s biggest role model. They watch and ultimately mimic everything you do from what you eat to what you say.